7 Ways to Find and Live Your Purpose
Here are seven practical, down-to-earth ways to live your purpose, to become the person you are meant to be:
1. Imagine a better world. Use your higher mind to access your unconscious mind with all its resources. Let words and images bubble up in your mind. Then consider how you would like the world to improve.
2. Inventory your innate gifts. Are you a natural caregiver, a great listener or researcher, an outstanding performer? Note these gifts in writing as it will make your life-purpose realization process easier. You can also write down your answer for the first suggestion above.
3. What skills would you like to learn? Also what current skills do you want to develop further?
4. Follow your passion. We are talking about exciting activities like travelling, studying, starting projects, visiting loved ones. These pursuits are in contrast to addictive behaviors and impulses that mask pain and self-medicate. The distinction lies in whether these activities lead to fulfillment or emptiness and craving?
5. Cultivate curiosity. As Todd Kashdan wrote in Curious? “It’s hard to think of a human endeavor where curiosity doesn’t play a vital role… it serves as a gateway to what we value and cherish most.”
6. If you were on an important mission, what might it be? An adventure that leads to discovering a new energy source? Inventing a new app or technology? Creating a great work of art? Helping people in need?
7. Affirm daily, “I’m realizing and living my purpose more and more…” Once your purpose becomes more articulate, add it to your daily affirmation: “I’m [state my purpose] every day.”
Your purpose, like your life, is a work in progress. You just need to figure out a destination, which may change and evolve as you do.
Once your purpose comes into focus, you will be able to appreciate and chart your progress on the journey you are taking. We look forward to your success!
Want to know more about your life purpose? See our upcoming Discover Your Life Purpose Telecourse, part of the Holistic Coaching and Healing with ET Certification Program.