5 Mistakes that Cause the Law of Attraction to Backfire
Have you tried the law of attraction and found the results less than you had hoped for? It can turn out that the law of attraction works against you, not for you. To turn things around, consider these 5 common mistakes many people make, often without even knowing it.
1. Too big a goal. If you goals are too big, you probably are setting yourself up for failure. Your goals need to be attainable and believable, even if you don’t know how you can reach them.
Here are examples of common oversized goals. If you want to earn a million dollars, say, and you currently make only a fraction of that. Or you want your “perfect” mate and your past relationship history is poor.
Solution: Start small. Shrink your goal to where it is believable and still inspirational. Aspire to earn 5-10% more a month. Improve your social skills and talk to friendly people regularly.
2. Dwelling on the negative. “Things never go well with my employer.” “My project just doesn’t work.” Focusing on what doesn’t work is a sure-fire way to attract what you don’t want, such as negative employers, failed ideas, etc.
Solution: Focus on what you DO want. Recognize when you are off track and course-correct asap. “I’m finding ways to get along with my employer.” “My project is improving.”
3. Being inconsistent. If your goal is to manifest a successful career, are your thoughts and actions consistently supporting that goal? In other words is your inner and outer world, for the most part, on track with what you want?
Solution: Study success material daily. Read and listen to uplifting material about the law of attraction, success and personal/spiritual development. Then you can start each day with a positive focus. And it’s easier to go throughout the day consistently doing and being what you do want.
Developing good habits creates new pathways in your brain, a positive brain groove that deepens over time. It gives new meaning to “getting in the groove.”
4. No action. A dream without taking action is just wishful thinking. Too many people rely on referrals, a check in the mail or their angels taking care of them. Although these are wonderful possibilities, they don’t substitute for taking action. Relying on things outside of yourself is too passive and can be part of becoming a victim, waiting for things to happen.
Solution: Summon the courage to take action to realize your dreams and goals. Stand up and be counted. You and your dreams are worth it, regardless of what anyone might say. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
5. Lack of knowledge. Sometimes we know just enough to get into trouble. We may know some of the manifestation pieces, but are still missing key components.
Solution: Be an ardent student of manifestation and success material. Find support: mastermind groups, coaches and training. Connect with others successful people to help your dreams come true.
As Thoreau once said, “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
Today’s a new day with wonderful possibilities. Look for new opportunities while avoiding the 5 traps described above.
Once you fall into one (which is common), set about getting on the right track as soon as you can. Forgive yourself and keep striving to live the life you truly want.