Holistic University Degree Programs
Your Path to Earning Holistic/Spiritual Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctor of Divinity Degrees
Are you trying to find a divinity degree that recognizes abilities that are overlooked by mainstream educational system? Then Awakenings’ degree programs may be right for you. Awakenings offers programs that could be seen as a new paradigm in higher education.
Here are some key points that may help you to understand Awakenings’ approach to earning divinity degrees:
• You can attend in your local community. Rather than having a campus and classrooms, Awakenings is a community-based university, where your own city or town is the “campus.” This means that you can attend Awakenings Institute wherever you are. Awakenings honors the community, its resources, and existing educational institutions as viable learning environments.
• Awakenings regards learning as a lifelong process and helps you to integrate your most relevant spiritual/life experiences into your degree program. This integrates your studies into the broader and more profound context of your spiritual journey.
• There are no predetermined curriculums. With Awakenings, you as the learner design your degree program with the guidance of your provost.
• You have the power to determine the direction of your program. Awakenings’ approach is based on self-initiated learning and you are known as a “learner” rather than a “student.” The distinction points to the difference between being an involved and empowered participant in the learning process and being a passive participant following a standardized curriculum.
• You receive individual guidance through the entire program. Rather than teachers, each learner works with a provost, who is his or her primary facilitator. Awakenings’ provosts personally guide you through every aspect of your learning experience. The communication is done in person for those who are nearby, by phone from any location, and by e-mail.
Learners may also work with mentors for learning in their chosen fields. Mentors offer special expertise the learner wishes to acquire as part of the degree program. Awakenings highly qualified instructors also serve as mentors for those who seek degrees in fields that relate to their expertise. As the designer of your curriculum, you can likewise choose to have mentors in any spiritual/holistic field that serves you in your degree program.
• All of the courses offered by Awakenings are approved for university credits toward a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctor of Divinity degree from Awakenings Institute. Degree programs in Holistic Healing, Spiritual Counseling, and related studies incorporating EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques), Spiritual Kinesiology, Reiki, Holistic Hypnotherapy, and other healing modalities may be built around these courses.
How Long Are the Degree Programs?
Awakenings maintains high standards that you can be proud of. We generally enroll learners for one academic year (two semesters) each for Divinity Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, and two academic years (four semesters) for Divinity Doctorate degrees. With the emphasis on individual attention, the exact length of your program is determined during the enrollment process.
What Are the Benefits of a Degree From Awakenings Institute?
Awakenings offers a unique opportunity for those seeking degrees that have personal meaning and are representative of the special abilities you have to offer. Some considerations:
• You will earn a reputable, legal degree. Though Awakenings Institute is not accredited like traditional universities, its divinity degrees receive the same legal recognition.
• You can help to forge of the future of education. Since Awakenings is not subject to the limitations placed on accredited universities, you have immense freedom and choices in relation to what you want to learn and how you want to learn it. This makes Awakenings Institute a good avenue for those in holistic/spiritual fields that are not currently represented in traditional universities. At the same time, it is worth noting that traditional schools may be more appropriate for those who are seeking licensing that requires an accredited degree or where specific technical training is needed.
• You can use credits from traditional colleges and universities as part of your degree program.
• As mentioned earlier, life learning is highly valued. You can receive credit for the valuable things you have learned throughout your life outside of a traditional classroom.
• You will receive individual guidance throughout your degree program. In fact, it is designed to bring out your unique approach to learning and integrate your educational experience into the larger context of your journey.
• There are no grades, which can impose artificial standards and sometimes negative influences on the learning process. Awakenings’ learners are nurtured and guided to achieve their personal best and to achieve a level of excellence that is representative of the desired degree.
Awakenings Institute is recognized by the state of California as a nonprofit religious entity. As such, we are granted the authority by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to offer Bachelor of Divinity, Master of Divinity, and Doctor of Divinity degree programs.
Want to read more? Then you may be interested in one of these pages:
How Can You Get Started?
Awakenings Institute recognizes that your qualifications and educational goals are unique. We would be delighted to discuss whether these programs are right for you.
Awakenings offers a free personal consultation and University E-Information Packet that describes the University Programs in detail. If you are interested in more information, please contact us to schedule your consultation.
CLICK HERE for contact information.