Awakenings’ Interfaith Ordination Program and Vows
Awakenings Institute is a nonprofit religious organization that’s dedicated to providing a way for like-minded individuals to pursue their spiritual callings.
The Ordination Program is a central part of Awakenings mission. It revolves around 12 Essential Vows each minister pledges to follow. These vows provide a foundation, while also allowing ample opportunities for each minister to make his or her unique contribution.
The Twelve Vows
1. I vow to support and play a part in the co-creation of a spiritual community built on a foundation of unconditional love, nurturing, and safety, in alignment with the vision of the Awakenings Institute:
Imagine a world where unconditional love is the guiding force, where the unique gifts that each individual brings receive honor and respect, where all are nurtured in allowing their gifts to blossom, to manifest the joy of living in each moment…
Imagine a world where all of nature is also honored, so all may live in harmony and share an increasingly vibrant and beautiful environment…
What we imagine we can create, starting in this moment. This vibrant world will come into being as each of us empowers ourselves to live the dream now and share it with others. Playing a part in the creation of this dream is the mission of Awakenings.
2. I recognize and honor the higher truths in all of the world’s major religious traditions.
3. I realize that there are many spiritual paths and that all people of all faiths and nationalities are participating in the process of awakening to their true divine selves. I seek healthy collaboration that honors each individual and each individual’s unique path to self-discovery.
4. As an Awakenings Minister, I understand that awakening unfolds through the integrated development of the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of myself and those who seek the support of my ministry.
5. I am performing my religious service when I consciously participate in this sacred process of awakening, with my congregation being myself and those who seek my assistance, for fee or gratuity.
6. I strive to create and hold a higher vision for humanity. I support the transformation of humanity to a higher way of being.
7. As a part of the integrity of my ministry, I recognize that I am responsible for conscientiously pursuing my own spiritual development and addressing issues I have that affect my ministry.
8. I understand that we are all equal: we are all teachers and we are all students with more to learn on our spiritual journeys.
9. As I seek to embrace my own purpose, I assist others, when appropriate, to live from their own inner wisdom.
10. I honor all people, all forms of life, and the planet that sustains us. I vow to do no harm.
11. I understand that everything that is told to me with an expectation of privacy in the performance of my ministerial duties is a sacred trust to be held in confidence, except in cases where silence may result in inflicting harm.
12. I realize that my Awakening ministry will be denied or revoked if I interfere with or injure the rights of others, perform criminal acts, or practice medicine without a license. My service is limited to the areas for which I am qualified.
These vows define Awakenings doctrine and unite the ministers with its spiritual mission.
Awakenings’ mission centers on three soulful themes. These themes include:
- Wishing to uplift ourselves while helping others to awaken to their wholeness and purpose.
- Realizing that each of us has access to higher truth within ourselves and wanting to help those who seek our support in accessing this divine wisdom.
- Recognizing that we are collectively on a path to wholeness that can be nurtured and accelerated through the integrated awakening of the body, emotions, mind, and spirit.
Ready to find out how you can become an Awakenings Minister? JUST CLICK HERE NOW.
Already a minister ordained by another organization? If you feel guided to be a minister with Awakenings Institute, we have expedited ordinations depending on your experience and qualifications. CONTACT US for details.
Currently, many people like ourselves feel like isolated Islands of consciousness. If you are feeling that the forms of society don’t have a place for you, consider this. You can be part of an organization dedicated to forging a positive path for more and more people to follow.
The United States was created on the foundation of religious freedom. It allows us to freely practice our spiritual/religious beliefs and Awakenings provides a support through ordination, so you can fulfill your religious mission with freedom and integrity.
Making Positive Changes
We invite you to join us. You have much to offer individually and Awakenings Institute provides a unique opportunity for your to realize your dreams and deeper purpose.
As Christopher Reeve stated,
“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible,
then they seem improbable,
and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
Awakenings’ Minister Training Program
As an ordained minister, you can realize your spiritual mission with all of the blessings provided to all ordained persons in the United States, including:
- The use of holistic practices that create wholeness and balance
- Serving others through teaching
- Performing weddings and other appropriate ceremonies
- Practicing your spiritual/ religious beliefs with all of the freedoms available with the separation of church and state
- Operating as a ministry in a legal non-profit religious organization
Spiritually and holistically oriented courses you have already taken from a variety of sources may qualify you for admission into the Ordination Program. You need a total of 200 hours of courses and training related to your religious mission. Your qualification hours can include courses focusing on topics like these:
- Spiritual counseling
- Reiki and other forms of energy healing
- Spiritual and religious practices
- Hypnotherapy and the power of the mind
- Holistic healing and holistic health practices
- Meridian-based approaches like EFT
- And much more.
Awakenings offers training courses and programs that qualify, however the courses you use to qualify for ordination do not have to be from Awakenings Institute. Please feel free to Contact Awakenings to discuss your qualifications and program requirements if you have any questions as you review this information.
Ordination requires a minimum of 200 hours of relevant training. Awakenings Ordination Program itself qualifies for 40 of these hours may also be included in the required hours.
In the attitude of silence, the soul finds the path in a clearer light,
and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness.
– MAHATMA GANDHI
Want to Know How You Can Get Started?
Your dreams and deeper purpose are important and there is no time like the present. If you don’t do this now, then when?
If you meet the qualifications mentioned above, all you have to do is follow the link below and you may be able to start today.
Want to read more? Then one of these articles may interest you: