If you are new to EFT, you may or may not know that it works by tapping on a short series of spots on the body that are commonly known as the EFT Tapping Points. People often comment that this tapping process looks weird and we agree. People also mention that they can’t imagine how EFT could possibly produce the kinds of results they’ve heard about, and we have to admit that we felt the same way when we first heard about it.
Regardless of all the arguments against it, EFT has experienced an astounding growth in popularity in recent years with non-professionals and professionals alike.
Why Learning How to Do EFT so Popular?
1. It’s simple. Just about anyone can do it.
2. It is non-invasive. It doesn’t involve ingesting anything or cutting into anything.
3. EFT is amazingly effective. Most people get noticeable results in a very short time.
4. It’s empowering. People with no previous training can use it to make positive changes in their lives.
The source of this state-of-the-art technique is in ancient eastern healing, in the meridian system. A brief process of tapping on the EFT tapping points releases stuck energy on key points in the meridian system. In many cases, tapping on these points can clear out stuck emotions like recurring anger, fear, grieving, depression, and much more. In some cases, it has also been shown to be effective with physical symptoms like headaches, back and neck pain, and more.
We’ve seen miracles happen with the Emotional Freedom Techniques. We had the good fortune to learn how to do EFT early on, in 1998. At that time, we were experienced holistic professionals who trained people in techniques including holistic hypnotherapy, spiritual kinesiology, reiki, and more. The people we trained were amazed with the quick and easy results they could achieve using these techniques with a wide range of challenges.
Little did we know that something would come along that would make our work even easier. When we started to use EFT in combination with the techniques we were already using, we were amazed. EFT supercharged our results and empowered people to help themselves more easily. We were so impressed that we wrote one of the first books on the subject called Getting Thru to Your Emotions with EFT.
If you are just learning how to do EFT, you may have doubts. We did, too. We learned that most people can use EFT and get some immediate results. With experience, we also realized that your results will improve with more knowledge on how to use the techniques and with EFT Training.
The EFT Tapping Points
To give you a glimpse of the picture, here is a chart showing the EFT tapping points and an explanation of how to do EFT tapping. Before you begin, please understand that it is not a substitute for professional medical treatment. It is a self-help technique where you are in control and assume full responsibility.
The chart shows the EFT tapping points in what is commonly known as the Short Sequence and more recently the Basic Recipe. The “New Point” at the top of the head is a recent addition to the original Short Sequence.
One of the easiest ways to use EFT is with a process called Continuous Tapping and you can try it out using the chart. You do this by simply tapping gently and continuously on the points while thinking and if desired, talking about a troubling emotion. As you tap, you may notice that the intensity of the emotions subsides.
Getting Started with the EFT Tapping Points
Here is a simple tapping process you can do to experiment with using EFT to release tension:
1. Notice any tension you feel and measure how intense it feels between 1 and 10.
2. Tap about 7 times on each of the points in the order shown on the diagram. Use your index and middle fingers and tap with a medium pressure while focusing on the tension. You can tap on the points on either side of the body. It doesn’t matter which you use. Some people tap on both.
3. As you tap, you may notice yourself taking a deep breath now and then. This is a sign that some of the stuck energy is releasing.
4. Stop after one or two rounds of tapping on all the points. Take a nice deep breath, and let the energy settle. Measure the intensity of the tension again and notice if you feel different than you did when you started.
Tapping in this way can be both relaxing and energizing. It is, of course, just a preview. Learning the locations of the EFT Tapping Points is a good first step, but there’s much more to the Basic Recipe and becoming skilled with the Emotional Freedom Techniques.
Ready to learn more about how to do EFT?
Here are some options:
1. The EFT Magic in Minutes Quickstart Kit is a simple product you can use to learn EFT today.
2. Explore the popular EFT Home Study Training and Certification Course and other training resources on our gettingthru.org website.