Napoleon Hill on How to Manifest Your Desires
If you are not where you want to be in life, you probably realize that you have to do things differently to produce different results. This is a critical key in coaching. Fortunately, you can find resources to accelerate your progress. In his classic book Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill provided a six-step formula that explains exactly how to manifest your desires.
The most effective approach is to follow in the footsteps of people who know how to achieve success. Napoleon Hill devoted his life to learning how to create awesome success, and highly successful people still rely on his advice to coach themselves to success today.
Napoleon Hill’s Six-Step Manifestation Formula From Think and Grow Rich
- Focus your attention on exactly what you want. With money, this means the exact amount of money you intend to bring into your life.
- Determine exactly what you are prepared to offer in return for the thing you want.
- Establish the exact date when you intend to have the thing you desire in your possession.
- Develop a clear plan for manifesting your desire and put this plan into action immediately.
- Create a clear statement that includes the exact amount of money or whatever it is you want, the time when you intend to have it, what you are giving in exchange and your action plan for making it happen.
- Read this written statement out loud two times each day, as you go to bed in the evening and as you get up in the morning. And most importantly, act as if it is already yours when you read your statement. See it, feel it, and believe that you have already manifested the thing you desire.
Reading is one thing and taking action is another. This is the place where most people fall short. As Napoleon Hill instructed in his six-step formula, the time to start is now and we want to make it easy for you. Here is a sample statement you can customize, put in writing, and read as he instructed. We added the element of gratitude, which we will explain below.
I am Grateful every day for the life I am creating, where:
- I have a steady income of ______________ (amount) by _______________ (date). I desire this abundance of money to _____________________.
- In exchange for this ___________ income, I provide _________________.
Example: I am Grateful every day for the life I am creating, where:
- I have a steady income of at least a hundred thousand dollars a year. I desire this abundance of money to enjoy life, travel, help others, and make a BIG contribution to the world.
- In exchange for this six-figure income, I offer seminars that inspire others deeply to open to their greatness and create fabulous lives.
The Power of Gratitude
Napoleon Hill also speaks about the power of gratitude in Think and Grow Rich. You can view the addition of the gratitude statement as optional, though we put it here for a reason.
Gratitude is a powerful force for manifesting your desires. Starting with a statement of gratitude can change your state and add more power to the statements that follow it. Try it for yourself and notice what happens!
Some more articles on this and other sites to explore:
- Could Replacing a Negative Attitude with an Attitude of Gratitude be the Ultimate Key to Success?
- Articles related to Wallace Wattles’ classic book The Science of Getting Rich
- The Awesome Power Positive Thinking Can Have on Your Success and Your Life